[Gllug] Re: Wi-Fi PC Cards

Richard Ibbotson richard at sheflug.co.uk
Mon Aug 23 18:44:23 UTC 2004

Hi

> http://www.solwise.co.uk/wireless-pcmcia.htm prism 2.5 and prism 3, the Senao
> EL-2511CD+ works in Linux as I bought one the other week for a laptop around
> here.
> Although, do you want PCI or PCMCIA? what about 54g? If you want 54g you could
> take a look at http://www.prism54.org/ and try to use that to chase down a few
> cards.

Yes.  Sounds very sensible :)

I've been looking around for one.  Someone said to me that the Netgear
MA521 works with Linux.  But, don't have any proof and so can't say
whether it does or not...

http://www.nickknows.com/index.html?target=dept_3.html&lang=en-gb

Had all sorts of problems with the WL 1000 Air Link+ from Binatone and
the Maplin wireless cards with SuSE 9.1.  Also tried Mandrake 10 and
Fedora Core latest version.  No joy with the hardware above.  Tomorrow I
get hold of a USB based SMC wireless gadget.

Thanks

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk