[Gllug] Swapping SW RAID 1 disks from PC to Sun

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Aug 13 18:18:50 UTC 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Chris Bell mused:
> On Wed 11 Aug, Nix wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Richard Jones stipulated:
>> > Power cut leading to nicely toasted motherboard on my main server,
>> > ouch ...
>>
>> Near-snap (power surge and cut at 1728 Monday leading to very toasted
>> monitor with free added pretty flames).
>
>    I suppose it is just hard luck if caused by lightning?

Yeah, but mine wasn't (at least, not directly: nothing else in the house
was affected like that!)

My fault for getting a crap cheap monitor.

>                                                   I did notice my
> lights flashing, but I have fitted a filter with some surge by-pass
> components in my mains feed.

I had one as well: the surge protector blew, but it seems not fast
enough... :(

--
`The copyright file is for everyone.  That we make it available in
 plain-text, uncompressed form rather than in spinning, throbbing

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk