[Gllug] Suppliers of computer stuff

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Aug 24 16:41:08 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 05:36:26PM +0100, Russell Howe wrote:
[...]

I've bought a few bits and pieces from the Computer Exchange in TCR
(near Goodge St station), but to be honest the cost of maintaining a
retail location in central London and the inconvenience of actually
having to travel there means that it's better to buy online.

> And no, I'm not talking about Dixons, Maplin, PC World or Staples.

Maplin in TCR are OK.  Not particularly cheap (see above), but if they
have what you want, they are at least there.  Don't knock PC World
either.  For a time I worked opposite a PC World, and we would wander
in at lunchtimes and sift through their table of very cheap stuff that
they couldn't sell to anyone else.  Even if they didn't have anything
interesting on the bargain table, taunting the staff with technical
questions was always amusing.

Rich.

http://www.winwinsales.co.uk/ - CRM improvement consultancy
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk