[Gllug] AOL broadband through ntl

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Tue Aug 17 11:59:38 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 12:41:28PM +0100, Pip wrote:
> On Monday 16 Aug 2004 23:27, Ian Norton wrote:
>
> > im sure it is something that will work somehow, its probably just some
> > dhcp with some extensions. or maybe even bootp. i cant imagine aol
> > actually inventing something new, i woudlnt credit them with that much
> > ability
>
> That was the premise I started from. I'm beginning to think it might not have
> been the most accurate one.

Well, it has to be something that the ntl hardware throughout thier
network will be able to route and transport, ifnot first to aol to thier
authentication server.

im getting more convinced that you have pppoe (ppp over ethernet), which
would allow aol to easily integrate the ntl broadband with thier
existing pppoe or pppoatm adsl service.

go on, try pppoe :-) , the roaring penguine one is apparently the one to
use.

Ian
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk