[Gllug] TFT screen for SL-5500 (or Inspiron 7000?)

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 27 14:20:29 UTC 2004

On Fri 27 Aug, Richard Jones wrote:

I was given a similar but not identical model of Dell which was
reported as "dead".  In fact the problem was with the display, the
rest of the machine was fine.  I dismantled the display and found the
problem: the ribbon cable from the motherboard to the display attaches
to the top of the motherboard underneath the keyboard.  This
attachment had come loose.  Fixing it was just a matter of pressing
the cable back into place and inserting some folded paper to keep the
pressure on.  Works a treat to this day.

   It is normally wedged by a tiny plastic moulding, which could still be
floating around inside.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk