[Gllug] Swapping SW RAID 1 disks from PC to Sun

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Tue Aug 10 10:19:23 UTC 2004

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 07:11:24PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> Is it possible to transplant a Linux Software RAID 1 pair of disks
> from a (now dead) PC
> into a Sun with IDE running Debian and a similar version of the 2.4 kernel?
>
> I think the ext3 fs should be compatible, but I'm not sure about the RAID ...
>
> Rich.

Yep, unless you intend to boot from them of course :-)

setup your raidtab and make a new array of the same arrangement as the old box.
then plug the disks in and boot,

im sure there is more you need to know, but i guess someone else will point
that out :-)

Ian

--
/* www.darkspace.org.uk {
 web development, application development, consultancy, firewalls
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk