[Gllug] [OT] gmail invites

Sarah Ewen sarah at thaum.net
Sun Aug 29 21:35:52 UTC 2004

Um they are invites to get an account with gmail, an email
service which is currently only open to those with invites.

The attractve thing is that they offer 1GB of space, which
beats yahoo et al hands down, despite their instant upgrades
to their own services.

And I still have 6 left.

The interface is nice. It's showered with useful keyboard shortcuts,
works with many browsers and is powered by their search tool
for reading archived data. The 'label' approach replaces folders,
allowing users to sort their mail using more than one axis of
mental connotation.

I like it almost as much as my hard drive!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk