[Gllug] Almost Free laptop for give away...

Robert P. McKenzie rmckenzi at rpmdp.com
Sat Aug 28 14:28:28 UTC 2004

Almost free.. I'd like a beer for it :)

I have a Fujuitsu Lifebook 280Dx, it's a 233Mhz machine with 96 Meg of RAM (Yeah
I know, a real screamer) and a 3.2G internal disk.  The following are included
and slot into the 2 bays on the machine (None are hot swapable)

	3.2G hard disk
	CD-ROM
	Floppy
	Zip Drive (with 5 blank disks), and
	2 batteries (these do hold a charge, but not like they use to)

The machine was bought in late '96 so it's quite old.  The only thing wrong with
the machine is the casing around the monitor is cracked, so opening and closing
a lot would be bad.  It's a pretty rugged machine, spent much of it's life
travelling the world and lived for nearly 2 years mounted in my Explorer SUV
acting as a radio tcp/ip node (Packet Radio, Ham Radio).

Anyhow, first one interested that wants to pick it up in South London or I can
meet in central London somewhere for a beer and the exchange I'll be happy to
give it away.

It comes with no OS installed, but has run Linux, Win 2K and Win 98se.

Write me off list if you are interested.

--
Robert P. McKenzie                 |   GammaRay Technical Services Ltd
rmckenzi at rpmdp.com                 |             rob at gammaray-tech.com
http://www.uk-experience.com       |      http://www.gammaray-tech.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk