[Gllug] very very cheap hosting

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Sun Aug 22 14:27:26 UTC 2004

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> "A corresponding warning is issued only /after/ the ROLLBACK."
>
> It'd be polite of MySQL to warn you _before_ effectively corrupting your
> database.

It's going to happen within a program/script. It's just as easy to check
the table supports the function you want as to try and it look for an
error on the attempt - given that you are trying to roll back a
transaction do you want MySQL to refuse the command or log the failure due
to user error?

I accept that neither is ideal however the issue is really user error and
there are limits on how effectively you can deal with that.

> Out of curiosity, how did you backup MySQL 3?

mysqldump. It works.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £22.50 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk