[Gllug] regular expression

Simon Jakesch simon.jakesch at proxima-tech.com
Thu Aug 5 13:52:05 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am not too skilled when it comes to regular expressions and therefore can't
think of a way on how to turn this:
./Directory With Spaces/More Urgly Spaces/FileName.java

into this:
./Directory\ With\ Spaces/More\ Urgly\ Spaces/FileName.java

I have tried (just to show that I've tried before psoting here ;) ):

(this behaviour i understand)
sed -e "s/ *//g"
./DirectoryWithSpaces/MoreUrglySpaces/FileName.java

(this i don't get at ALL, could someone please explain me this one)
sed -e "s/ *//g"
X.X/XDXiXrXeXcXtXoXrXyXWXiXtXhXSXpXaXcXeXsX/XMXoXrXeXUXrXgXlXyXSXpXaXcXeXsX/XFXiXlXeXNXaXmXeX.XjXaXvXaX
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk