[Gllug] ADSL modem -- WTF?

adam at thebowery.co.uk adam at thebowery.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 21:19:58 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 08:57:09PM +0100, Amias Channer wrote:

> the wireless part of mine has not crashed to my knowledge , despite being in
> a hot cupboard . maybe you have a faulty unit ?

could be, although if that is the case then netgear have shipped many hundreds
of dodgy routers judging by the problems people have had with them when you
read forums. Thing is, it does now seem stable with firmware 1.0.5 (or whatever
it is) so it does look like a software problem, either way many people have had
the same problems as me judging by the forums so i would suggest people avoid
netgear DG834G for the time being.

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem