[Gllug] Sharp Zaurus Users

Mike Leigh MikeL at hornbill.com
Tue Aug 3 10:45:50 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have noticed a few posts recently regarding the Sharp Zaurus models and I
was wondering what other people are using their Zaurii for.

I have a 5500 with 256mb SD, 512mb CF and Wireless CF and I primarily use
mine as a mp3 player (OpieMediaPlayer) and document editing.  I am also
going to be using the calendar and task functions as well as managing
expenses.  I have flashed mine with the latest Open Zaurus as its the only
one I could get an mp3 player working on.  I also use it to play chess and
Tetris.  I also have php and apache installed and am trying to make MySQL
work.

Ideally I would like to use xmms but just don't seem to be able to get this
to work.

I am yet to settle on a rom and get all the features I would like.

Please let me know what model and roms and uses you put your Zaurus to.

Thanks

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk