[Gllug] AOL broadband through ntl

Pip gl.lug at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 16 20:51:18 UTC 2004

I've just managed to install Fedora Core 2 on someone's XP computer.
Everything's working fine except that there's no internet connection.
With Windows, the connection is through an AOL broadband modem
connected through ntl. It's attached through an ethernet cable (now -
it was using USB when I first got to it) and is activated through AOL
software on Windows.
Initially, I tried just bringing up eth0 with dhcp bootprotocol, but
that failed. Then I tried setting things up with adsl-setup, but ifup
ppp0 constantly had CHAP authentication failures and wouldn't connect.
What comes next? I'd really like my friend to be able to use Fedora as
standard, but without the broadband, it's somewhat crippled. Are there
any sites that can tell me what I should be doing to get this working?
Thanks.

Pip

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk