[Gllug] Dual booting Win9x

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 19 13:26:54 UTC 2004

Hello,
   I understand that later M$ systems will boot from either the primary IDE
slave or the secondary IDE cable, but can this be done with 95 or 98? I have
previously left the original Win9x in the primary master position with Lilo
in the MBR, but the MBR is reset when M$-Win needs to be re-loaded later. It
would be easier to just swap the drives round during a re-load. I have just
tried to do this with Debian Sarge and Grub; it failed to boot W98 but that
could have been a problem with the "testing" installer. (I have always had
better luck with Lilo).

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk