[Gllug] Transparent Terminal

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Dec 5 23:37:06 UTC 2004

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Richard Jones moaned:
> On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 10:10:11AM +0000, Nix wrote:
>> And the transparency in the KDE menus doesn't update as the occluded
>> window changes.
>>
>> Bah. Half-hearted job.
>
> To be fair this is really a shortcoming in the X protocol, one which
> has already been solved by the incredible Keith Packard:

Indeed, but alas, KDE doesn't use the compositing extension yet, and
there are as far as I know no halfway-stable compositing managers
anyway. (KDE and GNOME will probably end up providing their own.)

--
`The sword we forged has turned upon us
 Only now, at the end of all things do we see
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk