[Gllug] RE: Dell servers

Mark Green Mark at k2workflow.com
Tue Dec 14 16:13:35 UTC 2004

On
> Behalf Of Doug Winter
> Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 3:57 PM
> To: Greater London Linux Users Group
> Subject: Re: [Gllug] RE: Dell servers
>
> Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> > I got mine a few hours before that.  Before you start mailing El Reg
> > I'd wait to see if anyone does get one of these thing delivered.
The
> > advert quite clearly said "while stocks last" and, if your order
wasn't
> > taken because they've run out, then Dell will make you look a little
bit
> > silly.
>
> Either:
>
> 1. it was a promotion with a limited quantity of stock, and some
people
> will get their kit and some won't.  That's how promotions work.
>
> or  2. it was a mistake.
>
> In either case, you have hardly been cheated.  A huge grass-roots
> campaign demanding Dell give you very cheap kit for no good reason is
> only going to make you seem like idiots.
>
> Honest mistakes are quite comfortably dealt with in law, and you are
not
> required to be bound by them in general.  This isn't fraud, just
common
> sense.
>
> doug.
>
> --
> 6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
> http://adju.st/
> --

It's not that I feel that I have been cheated, I'm just annoyed at the
way dell have dealt with this. They could have at least sent out
automated emails to all those who ordered saying hay were sorry we made
a mistake. Not give out mixed messages and leave people hanging on so
that they have to take time out of there day on a phone listening to
some music before you get an answer, then it isn't even a clear answer
as you hear other things from else where.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk