[Gllug] Sound fine under 2.4.26 but nothing under 2.6.8

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Mon Dec 6 17:46:38 UTC 2004

On Monday, 6 Dec 2004, John Winters wrote:
>Looking good.  At least you've enabled me to get sound on a box
>(Mini-ITX board) which has previously resisted months of concerted
>efforts to achieve sound.  Why isn't this sort of thing documented
>anywhere?

I think a lot of people quietly despair of getting it to work in the
general case. Some years ago I found that one then cheap card worked -
on the ES1371 chipset - and bought three, which I continue to use with
the same setup as I did last century. I suspect a lot of people are in
the same boat, and so aren't writing any docs.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk