[Gllug] re: no sig / coffee thread

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Mon Dec 6 21:57:43 UTC 2004

The notion that no warning signs would improve the gene pool is a novel one!
Stretching things somewhat - I am sure even Einstein behaved like a pillock
occasionally.

The 'coffee' thread has proved most entertaining I can certainly sympathise
with poor lady if the coffee was deliberately served much hotter than
necessary.  Personally, I have never bought McDonalds coffee more than once
- it deserves a health warning purely on the basis of taste!!

On the subject of punitive damages - the yank notion of punitive damages is
in my view somewhat screwy; by all means have some means of punishing the
offender if deliberate wrong-doing is established, but the fine should not
end up as a prize for the claimant.  Maybe it should end up in a charitable
trust for the benefit of those less fortunate than the majority.

I would still like to see a return to a culture where kids are taught about
commons sense and that rights go hand in hand with responsibilities.

Tim

ps:  sorry, wrong subject or thread - I screwed up on the reply

This E-Mail (and any files transmitted with it) is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender and delete the message.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk