[Gllug] RE: Dell servers

Mark Green Mark at k2workflow.com
Tue Dec 14 18:02:17 UTC 2004

Well guys here's what I got back from Dell, different again to what they
told me on the phone that the offer was a mistake and the pricing was
incorrect.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your recent request to purchase a Dell PowerEdge 1600 SC
server(s).

We regret to inform you that due to unprecedented demand on the day the
offer was launched we have sold out of this product and will not be
accepting or further processing your request to purchase this product.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Under Dell's Terms & Conditions orders are only binding when accepted by
Dell in a written Order Confirmation. While you may have received an
Internet Receipt Acknowledgement, we have not sent you a written Order
Confirmation to confirm acceptance of your order.

We aim to offer customers the best possible customer experience and we
regret we are unable to meet your request to purchase this product.
Please refer to the Dell website at www.dell.co.uk for details of our
other competitively priced server products.

Once again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Customer Care

They didn't even put my name in the dear section :-(.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk