[Gllug] Sun hardware/firewall memory

Ben Fitzgerald ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 19:46:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 07:13:01PM +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 Dec 2004 08:23, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
>
> > So what does XP do if it's not multitasking?
>
> A very crude and inefficient (and unreliable) task switching.

Chris,

forgive my ignorance, buy could you explain to me (or provide a link)
why it's unlike linux kernel task switching?

given that multitasking on *nix is not simultaneous execution but the
constant and (hopefully) efficient application of cpu resources to tasks
to make the most of system resources (taking the task priority into account).

Thanks,

Ben
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk