[Gllug] OT: recommend place to buy 17" tft monitor

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Dec 17 15:31:17 UTC 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Chris Bell yowled:
> On Wed 15 Dec, Nix wrote:
>> The first thing I ever do with them is adjust them; the default settings
>> are, as you say, horrible.
>>
>    The problem can even be caused by just placing the monitor on a standard
> office desk with its steel frame, but a mu-metal shield around the screen
> would be very expensive.

It'd make the monitor even larger, as well.

Well, my desk at home is a 70-year-old near-immobile battered wooden
monster. No metal at all. :)

>                          Have you noticed the effect that occurs when
> another monitor nearby does a degauss?

The shiver? Yes; when lots of people come in at once in the morning it
shivers enough to give me a headache...

--
`The sword we forged has turned upon us
 Only now, at the end of all things do we see
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk