[Gllug] LinuxWorld Expo Site Powered by Windows Server 2003

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Dec 20 12:59:41 UTC 2004

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Ian Norton-Badrul wrote:

> Is it worth contacting the linuxworld people and explaining that they
> should ask the .org pavillion people to run the site :-p
>
> clearly, the person running the web campaign is an idiot (tounge in
> cheek), it would be like EasyJet advertising for BA...

You are all assuming that the people running it are Free Software folks.
They are not. They are business people who just happen to publish some
materials and run some events aimed at making money from the Free Software
and Open Source communities.

Their business covers a wider spectrum than just our little niche.

They would be better running Linux/*BSD and Apache however they have
chosen not to. Probably that's a matter of ignorance however this
discussion comes up from time to time and, presumably, someone must have
cared enough to point this out to them in the past. They are still running
on that platform.

Were anyone to take on the task that person would probably have to redo
all of their websites, including rewriting all the scripts in perl, php or
python as their probably asp at the moment.

Jason
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £21.50 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk