[Gllug] ``Confidential`` .sigs

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Mon Dec 6 12:34:10 UTC 2004

David Damerell wrote:

> Well, that starts with a misunderstanding of the McDonald's case -

Linked from the second sentence of the first paragraph.

http://www.stellaawards.com/stella.html

>which was also explained here last week - and as far as I can see
>shows that allegedly silly litigation happens [1], not that it is on
>the increase as you assert.

It's not only on the increase, it's big business.  A friend of mine is a
lawyer who works for one of these "no win, no fee" companies. She
regularly shares some of the more amusing stories of people trying to
get lump sum payouts for accidents no-one could reasonably prevent or,
more often, casued by their own stupidity.

Mart.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk