[Gllug] ``Confidential'' .sigs [Was: hosts.conf/nsswitch.conf

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Wed Dec 1 18:25:45 UTC 2004

Christopher Hunter writes:

>It might be worth pointing out to your employer that the sig is
>unenforceable, and therefore worthless. It also makes all your
>company's mail bigger than it needs to be!

It's quite amusing to see responses from people that have obviously
never worked in any large organisation. I *have* pointed this out.
Because it's something about which I have strong views, I've even
gone out of my way to meet with the lawyers to try and convince them
of that fact, even though it's not my job to do so. But they're not
interested. As far as they're concerned, it hasn't been tested in
court, so they're better off adding it "just in case". Lawyers are
like that. Sigh.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk