[Gllug] debian alsa and mythtv

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Wed Dec 22 14:55:27 UTC 2004

Hi all,
	I've been having trouble with Alsa recently.

I use mythtv which requires that I select mic as the recording input -
and mute the mic.

Each time I reboot I have to reset this manually.

I've made the mistake of changing two things at once and now I'm a bit
stuck.

I have upgraded alsa using aptitude as part of a routine upgrade.

I had a system crash during the upgrade which is a pain but
dpkg --configure -a seems to have fixed things.

Then I tried to see if I could permanently set the alsamixer settings
and ran alsaconf thinking this might be the way to do it - but abandoned
this and rebooted again to try and keep my setting the way they were.
(this was the mistake - I should have left this till after I made sure
the upgrade had gone OK)

Now the 'capture' input has dissapeared in alsamixer and mythtv has no
sound :(

any help much appreciated.

--

Sean Burlington
Website/Database Developer

please include the web address of any web page you wish to discuss

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk