[Gllug] Sun hardware/firewall memory

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Dec 25 00:46:44 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Ian Norton-Badrul stated:
[`sparcs']
> I have also found that they are very very quiet

I agree with everything else you've said, but *this* depends on the
platform.

My Netra T102 is the noisiest box I regularly run, by a considerable
margin: I've built a noise-reducing box for it and it's *still* a
horrible racket.

I think it's the four noisy as hell fans, myself; as they fail I'm
replacing them with quieter ones... it makes sense, really; people
building rackmountable headless servers rarely care about noise
levels...

--
`The sword we forged has turned upon us
 Only now, at the end of all things do we see
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk