[Gllug] RE: Dell servers

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Tue Dec 14 15:56:51 UTC 2004

Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> I got mine a few hours before that.  Before you start mailing El Reg
> I'd wait to see if anyone does get one of these thing delivered.  The
> advert quite clearly said "while stocks last" and, if your order wasn't
> taken because they've run out, then Dell will make you look a little bit
> silly.

Either:

1. it was a promotion with a limited quantity of stock, and some people
will get their kit and some won't.  That's how promotions work.

or  2. it was a mistake.

In either case, you have hardly been cheated.  A huge grass-roots
campaign demanding Dell give you very cheap kit for no good reason is
only going to make you seem like idiots.

Honest mistakes are quite comfortably dealt with in law, and you are not
required to be bound by them in general.  This isn't fraud, just common
sense.

doug.

--
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
http://adju.st/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk