[Gllug] ``Confidential'' .sigs [Was: hosts.conf/nsswitch.conf

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Fri Dec 3 21:36:53 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 09:23 +0000, Doug Winter wrote:
> I'd say it's both - but abuse is certainly called for in some
> situations.  You can't expect to break social rules and get no response
> at all.  Sending out-of-office autoreplies in response to list posts is
> very bad form indeed, and completely unnecessary.

But rather difficult to deal with when one is, as the message states,
Out of the Office.

People (in general - nothing specifically to do with the post to which
I'm replying, rather in response to this entire sorry thread) should try
being less highly strung.

Getting Windows out of your life helps. Users too, if you can.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child," for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely