[Gllug] ``Confidential'' .sigs [Was: hosts.conf/nsswitch.conf

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Fri Dec 3 09:23:50 UTC 2004

Stephen Harker wrote:

>> This is what I would call an appropriate reaction, rather.  Again, this
>

> No. It's abusive.

I'd say it's both - but abuse is certainly called for in some
situations.  You can't expect to break social rules and get no response
at all.  Sending out-of-office autoreplies in response to list posts is
very bad form indeed, and completely unnecessary.

And before we hear the feeble whining about not being able to fix it
because someone else set it up and you can't fix it, get a grip.  If you
can't make email do what you want, perhaps a non-email based forum is
more appropriate for you.

doug.

--
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
http://adju.st/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk