[Gllug] dhcpd Question

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Dec 29 23:37:28 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 02:06:37PM +0000, David wrote:
> Ken Smith wrote:
>
> > Are you saying that DHCP is smart enough to work out which interfaces to
> > offer its subnet leases to, based on the IP address configuration of the
> > interface?
>
> Yep.

You still have to be careful to either a) create subnet declarations
with no ranges for those connected subnets on which leases will not be
offered or b) tell dhcpd only to listen on the appropriate interfaces
and preferably you should do both.  Unpredictable and unwanted behaviour
is possible if you do not.

Version 3 offers more control and flexibility here.

--
Bruce

I see a mouse.  Where?  There, on the stair.  And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill.  -- Harry Hill