[Gllug] ``Confidential`` .sigs

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Dec 4 21:06:17 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 19:54, Chris Bell wrote:
>    But vegetarians go out of their way to disguise non-meat products, some
> people think that there is some real meat in all sausages, there is soya
> "milk", margarine, etc...

I always find that one a bit odd.  I eat a lot of vegetarian food, but I
draw the line at vegetarian food which is pretending to be meat-food.
Every single vegetarian sausage I've ever tasted has been repulsive.
Why bother?  If you're a vegetarian then you don't need to pretend to
yourself that you're not.

There is of course no possible chance of coming up with a substitute for
a decent bacon sandwich.  (Don't get me started on the mystery of why
people by cheap, crap supermarket bacon and then complain about how crap
it is.)

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk