[Gllug] Seting up RAID level 1

wendy carr wendy_carr2003 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 13:59:39 UTC 2004

Hi All,
I want to set up RAID level 1 to mirror my / and /home
partitions in my email server.I have installed Redhat
Linux 9 with RAID using two 60GB hard drives referring
to the Redhat Customisation guide.Although i am new to
RAID i believe it is meant for RAID 0 not for RAID
1.This is a df output

[root at RAID root]# df -k
/dev/Volume00/LogVol00
 15626648 1214628 13618216 9% /
/dev/hda1 102454 9580 87584 10% /boot
/dev/Volume00/LogVol01
 100791728 32864 95638864 1% /home
none 123612 0 123612 0% /dev/shm
[root at RAID root]#
I use /boot on disk 1 and swap on disk 2.The rest is
assigned for the Logical volume Group "Volume00"

So has anyone used RAID with linux ?Are there any
graphical RAID tools? Please help me since i am
clueless.Your help is much appriciated.

Cheers.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk