[Gllug] Mozilla/Firebird/fox "Save Page As" refetch

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Tue Feb 17 12:19:50 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 09:19, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 06:38:48PM +0000, Richard Huxton wrote:
> > Ah, but I don't want the report to be cached. As far as I can see, Moz
> > (and children) are the only browser to do this.
>
> I'm not really sure what you want.  You don't want the page to be
> cached, and Mozilla isn't caching the page.  Looks fine to me ...

If I fetch a web-page, my browser should respect caching settings.
If I save an already fetched web-page, my browser shouldn't fetch it again.

As it happens, it's just irritating on the particular reports I'm using at the
moment. If I wanted to save a snapshot of some monitoring screen though, it
would be impossible - I'd never be able to save what I just saw.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk