PC World, was Re: [Gllug] SCO Stuff

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 20:32:39 UTC 2004

On Tue 10 Feb, Christopher Hunter wrote:

> Err... No.  There is never anyone with the slightest clue in those places for
> the reasons explained before.  The guarantee is often useless: "we can't
> cover it if you've added any software to it" was heard at PC World Purley Way
> recently.  As to well-advertised.....
>
> Chris

   Its a good job that the nearest trade distributor is about 10 minutes
walk from home, I know about half a dozen only slightly further away, and
can get almost anything else to order via a computer shop owned by a friend.
   PC World do have some restricted loss leaders on their website, but it
can take quite a fight and some phone calls to get them at that price.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk