[Gllug] GLLUG Meeting, 28th February 2004

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sat Feb 28 17:23:31 UTC 2004

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 05:26:55PM -0000, Dean Wilson wrote:
> Richard Jones wrote:
> > Is anyone interested in a talk about mod_acquire & acquisition in
> > Apache?
>

> How about OCaml? Either a talk or even a lab (we have laptops and a room.)
>
> I even know where you can get a good online tutorial ;)

I'd be glad to, if sufficient people are interested.

I did mention OCaml once before on this list, and it was generally met
with a deafening silence :-)

Shame really because we've been busy assembling an environment which
lets you reuse your Perl code / skillz in an OCaml (ie. type safe,
fast, featureful) environment.

We're also developing a number of other exciting Apache modules - for
example one I'm working on let's you highlight search terms in your
web pages when people arrive from a search engine.  The effect is
rather like hitting the "Cached Page" button in Google, but it all
happens on your server.

Rich.

"One serious obstacle to the adoption of good programming languages is
the notion that everything has to be sacrificed for speed. In computer
languages as in life, speed kills." -- Mike Vanier
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk