[Gllug] Undelete...?

Dean Wilson dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Thu Feb 5 19:16:39 UTC 2004

Jason Clifford wrote:
> I prefer a nice fast efficient filesystem that leaves proper systems
> management where it belongs - with the sysadmin.

Ah but the problem is we don't all have you as our sysadmin ;)

I liked the look of libtrash because (as Bruce pointed out) you can get
quite fine grained control. For directories used by people new to Linux it
can save a fair bit of time digging through tars and tapes looking for the
file they deleted by accident. Again[0].

  Dean
[0] I had one guy delete a file on the command line and then ask for it to
be restored to that mornings version. I dug the file out of the tgz and
restored it for him. He walked back to his desk, pressed the up arrow and
tapped return. He bought lunch that day.
--
Dean Wilson               http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk