[Gllug] ext3 disk recovery?

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 26 15:39:54 UTC 2004

On Thursday 26 Feb 2004 11:20 am, Wulf Forrester-Barker wrote:

> Any suggestions for how I might be able to access the drive? I don't
> think I trust it enough to put it back into regular use and I haven't
> got any vital unbacked up data on it, but there are a couple of files
> I'd like to rescue if possible.

From your description, it sounds like the disk is knackered, or it might be
the controller.  You could try another drive and see if the controller's OK.

If it's the drive, you might be able to recover the data, but I wouldn't trust
that disk again, and if it's under warranty, I'd either get a replacement or
my money back (and probably never buy that type of drive again!).

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk