[Gllug] Help ! Problem after installing RedHat Linux9.0

gaurav verma gaurav_v_13 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 12:14:26 UTC 2004

>From: Tethys <tet at createservices.com>
>To: Greater London Linux Users Group <gllug at gllug.org.uk>
>Subject: Re: [Gllug] Help ! Problem after installing RedHat Linux9.0 Date:
>Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:20:15 +0000
>
>"gaurav verma" writes:
>
> >I have tried it. But nothing happens. My hardware clock is not working
> >.Somebody told me this can be the reason. But I don't know how to correct
> >this.
>
>It's unlikely to be the cause. What do you mean by "not working"? Not
>having the correct time, or something else. If it's the former, then
>boot with "init=/bin/sh" as a kernel parameter, set the correct time
>with "date 021116212004" (for example), and then "hwclock --systohc".
>
>Incidentally, how long have you left it after it appears to hang?
>You should wait at least 5 minutes.
>
>Tet
>--

By not working I mean whenever I start my PC it shows the time 00.00.00
Jan1,1999
While booting with  "init=/bin/sh" it hangs afterthe following line :

init-2.05b#

I had left for around an hour after it appears to hang.

At present I have got a temporary solution--I have removed the battery from
motherboard and now it starts nicely (Ofcourse I have to press F1 whenever I
start the PC)

Thanks for your help

Gaurav Verma

Masterpieces made affordable! Buy art prints.
http://go.msnserver.com/IN/42736.asp MSN Shopping.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk