TMDA Re: [Gllug] New worm doing the rounds?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Feb 17 15:48:22 UTC 2004

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 12:25:18PM +0000, Alistair wrote:
> I'm less optimistic about SPF. A greater problem than low value for early
> adopters will be low value for all once widely adopted, as it is trivial to
> circumvent: just make the envelope sender sufficiently accurate.

No.  SPF can quite validly be used to validate From and Sender headers
as well as the envelope sender.  In fact, it's often more useful to
validate the headers than the envelope because some mail clients bollix
the envelope sender.

--
Bruce

Those who cast the votes decide nothing.  Those who count the
votes decide everything. -- Joseph Stalin