[Gllug] Undelete...?

David Irvine maillist at glasgownet.com
Thu Feb 5 17:00:11 UTC 2004

--
-- David Irvine
-- http://www.irvined.co.uk

However, theres nothing more annoying than going away from BOFH control for a couple of days, safe in the knowlede that you've peeled all those post-it notes with the really hard to remember root passwords scribbled on them from your monitor, only to come back and discover that some 'orrible so and so has added a feature to a config file and broken everything else, if you had cvs functionality, you could just revert that file back to the old one, or get a list of all the files which have changed and a diff of them etc, not much use to /var but quite useful for configuration files.

We use cvs for some config files in /etc/ and its proving very useful but if you do forget to commit or cvs add, your up a certain creek.

Cheers

David

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk