[Gllug] DRI in Debian's newly released XFree 4.3

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 21 00:59:13 UTC 2004

Has anyone else had trouble with Direct Rendering since upgrading to
XFree86 4.3.0-2, which has just made it into unstable?

Mine worked fine before the upgrade, but is now borked. Confusingly
enough, nothing has changed in the config files as far as I'm aware, my
kernel has DRI support in it, and looking in /var/log/XFree86.log
shows:-

(II) MGA(0): [drm] installed DRM signal handler
(II) MGA(0): [DRI] installation complete
(II) MGA(0): [drm] Mapped 128 DMA buffers
(II) MGA(0): [drm] dma control initialized, using IRQ 11
(==) MGA(0): Direct rendering enabled

I'd have thought that that would mean it was working. It's not:-

$ glxinfo |grep rendering
direct rendering: No

The permissions on /dev/dri/card0 are set to 666, and the card is a
Matrox g400, which has been supported for ages. I've no idea what
they've changed - anyone else found out?

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk