TMDA Re: [Gllug] New worm doing the rounds?

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Wed Feb 18 16:28:41 UTC 2004

Bruce Richardson writes:

>> I'd like to see the IETF come up with something here
>
>I'd be very surprised if their "something" didn't turn out to be
>something like SPF (although hopefully something a little more elegantly
>designed).

Like RMX. Yes, it's not perfect, but it would have been better to fix
the areas in which it's weak (for example, sites with large ranges of
approved sending IPs), rather than design a kludgy solution like SPF.
The overhead of requiring new DNS software is utterly minimal[1], and
you get a much cleaner solution at the end.

Tet

[1] By the time any of these schemes become widespread, virtually everyone
    that cares will have already upgraded their BIND/djbdns/whatever anyway.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk