PC World, was Re: [Gllug] SCO Stuff

Formi formi at sdf-eu.org
Tue Feb 10 12:28:13 UTC 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 bradut at intelesuri.net wrote:

> >   The biggest annoyance is: I did tell him to ask me before buying the
> >  laptop, I would have never recommended a PB and much less PCcrap.
>
> I wonder what makes people go to PC World and think "I want that pc and I
> want it now. I am not going to research the market at all, I just need
> to have that Packard Bell... "
> After all this is a country with consumer magazines for anything from
> cars to hi-fi, not to mention the array of publications related to all
> sorts of flavours of IT use.

 It might be to do with pride, just not wanting to ask for help.
 One of my half-brothers is a mechanic, and because I used to help him fix
 cars I have picked up lots of tips. I can see a dodgy car miles down the
 road (usually before they attempt against my life).

 I cannot believe why people use mini-cabs in this country, most of them
 are death-traps even with no driver in them.

formi <-(@)-> sdf-eu.org
SDF-EU Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf-eu.org
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk