[Gllug] What are db_set, db_input and db_go?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Feb 7 22:13:14 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 21:47, Paul Cupis wrote:
[snip]
> Without actually seeing the error you are seeing, I would guess that the
> installation or post-installation configuration of popularity-contest
> is failing due to an error in the debconf script. Looking at the Debian
> BTS, I see that there have been some recently fixed bugs relating to
> debconf usage.
>
> Could you:
>  a) post the actual output you are seeing, and tell us what version of
> popularity-contest you have installed/are installing

The error is "command not found" at line 16 of
/var/lib/dpkg/info/popularity-contest.config.  I'm not at (and don't
have access to) the relevant machine just at the moment but it's running
up-to-date Sarge so it would appear to be version 1.7.

>  b) try upgrading to version 1.11 from Debian/unstable and tell us if
> this resolves the problem.

I'll try that on Monday.

Thanks for your help.

John

--
Wallingford, Oxfordshire, England
We had a woodhenge here once but it rotted.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk