[Gllug] Hotmail's new "Caller ID for email" ... what is this?

Richard Turner richard at disabledliving.org.uk
Wed Feb 25 15:09:34 UTC 2004

> oblivious to what's going on.  The worms will just be changed to send
> out the same old spam with a true 'From' address, and we'll be no
> nearer to filtering out this rubbish.

Except that when a message is rejected because it contains a virus the
notification message would actually be sent to the originator instead of
the person whose address was spoofed.  The person receiving this message
could then disinfect his/her machine instead of remaining oblivious.

Richard.
--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk