[Gllug] gaim uninstall/reinstall problem

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Fri Feb 6 11:28:04 UTC 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 11:16:40AM +0000, Gordon Joly wrote:
> At 2:24 +0100 2004/02/06, Xander D Harkness wrote:
> >
> >Register and use RHN with up2date, this will allow you to just type
> > up2date -u gaim
> >up2date will then sort out all the required dependencies
> >
> >You can go to freshrpms.net, download and install apt or yum
> >
> >once apt is installed you can type:
> >
> >apt-get update to get a current list of the available rpms
> >then
> >apt-get install gaim to install the latest gaim and all dependencies.
> >
> >Kind regards
> >Xander
> >

> Up2date is no longer supported for my RedHat:-(

You don't mention which version of RHL you are using, but for Fedora
up2date has been updated to use YUM/APT as its backend:

  http://www.xades.com/proj/fedora_repos.html

I imagine the folks doing the RHL legacy support will be doing a similar
thing (if they haven't already). In fact looking at

  http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/

It seems there is already APT / YUM support for 8.0 and 9.

Dan.
--
|=-               http://www.berrange.com/~dan/gpgkey.txt             -=|