[Gllug] Notebooks...

Robert Postill robert at grinning-cat.com
Sun Feb 29 13:38:37 UTC 2004

Dylan,
I've used IBM for a while now with SuSE (or is that SUSE now?) and my
impressions are pretty positive.  The T-Series that I have (a T23 to be
exact) is pretty chunky so it does have space for serial, parallel and a
single USB port (Check the Reg Cash & Carrion store at
http://www.theregister.co.uk for a little 4-port hub that does not
require a separate power supply).  The cons are it runs a little hot so
don't leave it next to your ice-cream :) and they're not cheap.
All-in-all it's a decent machine and there are people who've even
managed to kick the IBM winmodems into life.

The other thing I'd say is that Toshiba's sometimes come with a dongle
for serial ports and whatnot.  I can imagine that's not going to be easy
to deal with but they cost a lot less than the IBMs on average.

HTH
Robert.

--
Robert Postill