TMDA Re: [Gllug] New worm doing the rounds?

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Wed Feb 18 18:02:23 UTC 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

> > There are three steps to dealing with spammers:
> >
> > 1) Kill them
> > 2) Burn the bodies
> > 3) Errr... that's it
>
> 3) salt the earth that gave them life?

According to Eric Allman (of sendmail fame) it may be that the basic rules
of economics are the "earth that gave them life".

While "salting" all the lusers out there may seem an attractive option I'd
rather educate them where possible. But you can feel free to do whatever
you like to those who continue to purchase from spammers.

> I think quite a few would inflict damage on these spamming ******* given the
> chance :)

There are ways and means - it's generally going to be better to use lawful
methods.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk