[Gllug] sending mail inside nt-based lan

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Fri Feb 6 10:57:53 UTC 2004

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, ben f wrote:
> Yeah, I'd heard of that, but it involves putting hand
> in pocket - to which I'm ideologically opposed!

Not having a go at you Ben
(and anyone on GLLUG will tell you I'm just a big teddy bear anyway!)

But:

Free as in Speech, not Free as in Beer.

The French language is better at putting this across.
In France its Software Gratuit, not Software Libre.

I know you were making a bit of a jokey point of course.
However, this is important.
The 'the GPL forces us to give away our software' argument
is used agains the Free Software movement. If I'm not wrong,
recently said by SCO.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk