PC World, was Re: [Gllug] SCO Stuff

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Tue Feb 10 12:21:01 UTC 2004

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 12:45:20PM +0000, Alistair Mann wrote:
> I was recently in PC Worlds at Staples Corner, Tottenham Hale and Romford
> looking for networking gear.
>
> Staples Corner had very, very little stock on show except for Belkin, so I
> moved on. Tottenham Hale had the Netgear PCMCIA 802.11g on sale at 40 quid,
> and PCI 802.11b's on sale at 70 quid as well having all their stock mixed up
> on the shelves. I conclude from this that PC World have no inkling of the
> true value of what they are selling. Romford PCW was stocked up tidily; the
> pricing was as idiotic as at TH, so I guess the prices are ordained in on
> high, but at least it had at least one of everything (and suspicioulsy many
> goods with "previously returned" stickers on them).
>
> I also noticed that the ink cartiridges I was after were priced comparably to
> what I had paid recently through mail order.
>
> I feel not at all troubled about having visited the place!

I build and repair PCs for people - I have told them that the entire
Dixons group are "acceptable" suppliers of printers, scanners and
internal components that they expect me to support. I buy a few odds and
ends there myself, especially network cards and cables.

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk